Re: Committed memory improvements

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 12:54 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> Reverted this, I saw some memory corruption. Especially when online and
> downloading new messages.

But I'm not letting the idea go. It's revision 1209->1210 and 1211 that
reverted it. Get yourself the diff and try to figure out what I forgot
(probably a g_slice_free that is still a g_free and/or a free on a mmap
location that I overlooked).

> On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 12:29 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > Content-type info is now also mmapped. This is a major memory
> > improvement (6% less memory in malloc'd heap, 6% more memory in mmap).
> >

> > ps. I really suggest taking a look at the TotalView debugger demo. You
> > can do crazy things with it (the demo works only for 20 days, sadly, but
> > I might invest what I earn from tinymail in purchasing the debugger,
> > I'll check what the team license's price is. I think they allow running
> > it over remove X11 that way).
> >
> > You can do most of what the debugger can do in terms of memory debugging
> > with valgrind too. TotalView is, however, very nicely integrated of
> > course. Pricey too :)

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be
blog: http://pvanhoof.be/blog