Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Re: GNOME System Tools 0.29.0 "Where's myhack??" is out!

> Hi,
>
> What about the earlier question about whether we can take the tools
> separately? I'd be in favor of including the network and time tools for
> sure, the users tool is maybe on the borderline (seems somewhat
> admin-oriented), the "services" and "boot loader" tools don't seem to be
> in the "charter" of GNOME (they seem like technical/geek tools only, not
> end user desktop tools). Though I could imagine tools with some of the
> same functionality that would be end user oriented.
>
> One note about the tools, they need the "de-branding" we did around
> 2.0/2.2 for the rest of the desktop (basically the title of the windows
> should be "Mouse Preferences" rather than "GNOME Mouse Preferences").
> redhat-config-* also follow this rule.

Talking about debian, I would like to know is my bug report being
resolved in this release, I reported it for .26 but never got any reply.
I'm talking about debian's way in new releases of making the ntp service
name in init.d to have different names, like ntp-simple and ntpdate (to
be run when you boot only). Last time I tested gst it didn't recognize
ntp-simple as the ntp server script, the fix is trivia after anyway.

In addition, on debian the ntp servers are in file which I don't know if
gst handles correctly:
> cat /etc/default/ntp-servers
NTPSERVERS="ntp1.funet.fi ntp2.funet.fi"

	*hile*