Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Re: GNOME System Tools 0.29.0 "Where's myhack??" is out!

Hi Hile!,

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 02:49:39PM +0300, Ilkka Tuohela wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > What about the earlier question about whether we can take the tools
> > separately? I'd be in favor of including the network and time tools for
> > sure, the users tool is maybe on the borderline (seems somewhat
> > admin-oriented), the "services" and "boot loader" tools don't seem to be
> > in the "charter" of GNOME (they seem like technical/geek tools only, not
> > end user desktop tools). Though I could imagine tools with some of the
> > same functionality that would be end user oriented.
> >
> > One note about the tools, they need the "de-branding" we did around
> > 2.0/2.2 for the rest of the desktop (basically the title of the windows
> > should be "Mouse Preferences" rather than "GNOME Mouse Preferences").
> > redhat-config-* also follow this rule.
>
> Talking about debian, I would like to know is my bug report being
> resolved in this release, I reported it for .26 but never got any reply.
> I'm talking about debian's way in new releases of making the ntp service
> name in init.d to have different names, like ntp-simple and ntpdate (to
> be run when you boot only). Last time I tested gst it didn't recognize
> ntp-simple as the ntp server script, the fix is trivia after anyway.

sorry, you're right, I forgot to fix it, but anyways, the next time
please report things like these in bugzilla, so we don't lose it...

> In addition, on debian the ntp servers are in file which I don't know if
> gst handles correctly:
> > cat /etc/default/ntp-servers
> NTPSERVERS="ntp1.funet.fi ntp2.funet.fi"

at the moment the GST configure ntpd through the /etc/ntp.conf file, and
AFAIK /etc/default/ntp-servers is the ntp client config file (but
configuring ntp clients too should be an addition soon, maybe doing
parallel client-daemon config?)

	regards