Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Network-admin on Mandrake Linux 9.1

Hi Roberto :-),

> Now I can reproduce that consistently, here's what happens:
>
> - added a third ppp connection;
> - this is listed as ppp2 just under ppp0 and before ppp1 (weird!);
> - I can start the connection but it doesn't stop when I click again on
> the light bulb (the little lamp goes off, though).
>
> This leads to a related issue: when you create new PPP connections
> they're named ppp1, ppp2, etc., but you actually activate ppp0 every
> time, so shouldn't they be named something like "ppp0 #1" (or you could
> simply avoid numbering schemes)?

hmmm, ok, it seems you've found a bug :-(

The ppp0, ppp1... names are the interface name that's assigned to the dial
connection, just as eth0, lo... In fact (at least should work) you can
ifup and ifdown ppp0 just as eth0

regarding to the interfaces sorting, I ought to work on the table to let
it sort them :-)

	Thanks