Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Network-admin on Mandrake Linux 9.1

Carlos Garnacho wrote:

>>  - sometimes disabling a PPP connection fails, you're forced to turn
>>off the modem;
>

> hmm, I've never experienced this :-/

Now I can reproduce that consistently, here's what happens:

- added a third ppp connection;
- this is listed as ppp2 just under ppp0 and before ppp1 (weird!);
- I can start the connection but it doesn't stop when I click again on
the light bulb (the little lamp goes off, though).

This leads to a related issue: when you create new PPP connections
they're named ppp1, ppp2, etc., but you actually activate ppp0 every
time, so shouldn't they be named something like "ppp0 #1" (or you could
simply avoid numbering schemes)?

> 	Thanks for your feedback :-)

You're welcome! :)

Ciao

Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      e-mail:	rosselli at cisi.unito.it
Dipartimento di Scienze			rosselli at ling.unipi.it
del Linguaggio			Then spoke the thunder	DA
Universita' di Torino		Datta: what have we given?  (TSE)

   Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
   mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)