Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Gnome System Tools + PGI + Progenyhackers + more developers from Debian = working Debian Desktop

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 10:54:16PM +0100, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> El mar, 05-11-2002 a las 22:26, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo escribió:
> > >
> > > hmmm, I think there is a little problem with making GST the standard
> > > user-friendly config tools for debian: debian isn't only Gnome, and GST
> > > are currently Gnome based only (BTW the front-ends could be written
> > > using any library)... this is an obstacle to beat.
> >
> >   But IMHO is easier to write a frontend in curses, for example, than
> >   having to write the whole backends system.
> >
> That solution could be really cross-desktop :-D, but anyway I think GST
> have many other priorities before writing other front-ends...

  I didn't mean GST but Debian or Progeny or whoever wants to do that.
  For example, it isn't GST priority to write a KDE frontend either, but
  if it were being developed, that would be a a great news item.

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org

PGP signature