[Fwd: Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Different versions of GNOMEcoexisting in the same network.]

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 19:30, Matthews, John wrote:
> 	I'd also like to ask for any pointers to information which would
> help me to write a script to accomplish this.  I've already asked quite a
> few different groups, and it seems like my only solution may be to write a
> custom script.

To get the version of gnome, you could do something like:
gnome-config --version

It gives you the version number of gnome-libs. I haven't heard of any
already existing solution buy I would do something like:

check the version of gnome
set environment variables to point to right paths.

I hope it helped you a bit,

Tambet