Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] [scaramanga barrysworld com:[Gnome-admin-tools] Build problem]

Scaramanga <scaramanga@barrysworld.com> writes:

> The anoncvs version of control-center has a build bug, in the root-manager
> component. Attached is a .diff that hopefully fixes it. (Works for me) I
> have not checked any other version of control-center for this bug.

Can you reply with the exact error message?

> I also discovered another issue which I havent been able to work around yet,
> I have the helix-setup-tools module (also from anoncvs), and whenever I go to
> the "System" section and click on any of the items, I get a never ending loop
> of pam authentication errors:

You probably need to make the root-manager setuid root.  It isn't done
by default since it hasn't been audited at all yet, but I don't know
if this is the case.

Jacob
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code;  I have only
 proved it correct, not tried it." -- D. Knuth