From: Scaramanga <scaramanga@barrysworld.com>
To: gnome-admin-tools@helixcode.com
Subject: [Gnome-admin-tools] Build problem
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:29:47 +0000

Hi,

Apoligies if this is the wrong forum for this issue.

The anoncvs version of control-center has a build bug, in the root-manager
component. Attached is a .diff that hopefully fixes it. (Works for me) I
have not checked any other version of control-center for this bug.

I also discovered another issue which I havent been able to work around yet,
I have the helix-setup-tools module (also from anoncvs), and whenever I go to
the "System" section and click on any of the items, I get a never ending loop
of pam authentication errors:

PAM returned = 7
about to authenticate "root"

I edited the code to include a perror() and got an error about a file not being
found (?!). The actual programs (/usr/sbin/*-admin) all run perfectly.

Oh, and i also got a bizzare error in the sawfish window manager capplets. As root
they wouldnt run at all, and as user I got a blank yes/no message box, and the
capplets opened anyway. I haven't looked in to why this happens yet.

Overall, however, I was really impressed with the new layout, a bit of UI
polishing, and this will be a great tool! :)

Kind regards

--
// Gianni Tedesco <scaramanga@barrysworld.com>
Fingerprint: FECC 237F B895 0379 62C4  B5A9 D83B E2B0 02F3 7A68

egg.microsoft.com: Remote operating system guess: Solaris 2.6 - 2.7

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Hans Petter