Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] users-admin

On 04 Jan 2001 13:34:17 -0500, Anna Dirks wrote:
> Hello Francis and other hackers,
>
> Sorry for my long silence, but I've been holidaying for a while now and
> am
> just getting back to work. I hope that all of you had good new year's
> celebrations.
>
> So, I looked this over and made a few changes. Notably, labels are now
> sans colons
> and are left aligned, focus is in all the right places (knock on wood),
> and the text wrapping
> is more sensible.  Also, I do not understand the need for the "network"
> tab which
> you had included in the User Account Administration window; as far as I
> could tell,
> it didn't have any options that didn't exist in another place in the
> dialog. In the version
> of this which I'm attaching to this mail, I took the Network tab out. If
> there is a good
> reason for it to be there, please enlighten me. :~)

The network tab is for users whose account information reside on a remote
server. It shows exactly the same as the normal users configurator, but
instead of using a list, it will show a tree with the requested servers
and users.

I don't think the current layout for network users is very good,and the
tab's label is not self-explanatory, but that's the idea behind it.

Greetings,
Arturo