[Soylent-devel] Autofoo patch

Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
 > Hi list,

Hi Gilles :)

 > (resending 'cause I failed with From address)
 >
 > I've had a look at svn sources and did various enhancements to
 > autotools. Most of the following is probably already known but I'll
 > explain why I did those changes understanding of everyone. Please find
 > in the following patch:
 > [...]
 >  * change ${} by $() not sure if ${} is allowed or if the behavior is
 > any different than by using $(). I just know than $() is the most seen
 > way to use variables.

I used {} just because I didn't know better, whoops. Will now stick to (), thanks.

 > With all these changes, soylent can now pass make distcheck. This is
 > really important as it avoids releasing buggy or incomplete tarballs
 > that make downstream life harder. Thanks for using make distcheck in the
 > future :)
 > [...]

Thanks for your patch. It looks good and so it is now in SVN trunk.
Also thank you for your explanations. My knowledge of Autotools is a bit limited
and they helped me a lot to better understand your changes and Autotools.

- Sven, who learns a bit every day ;)