[Soylent-devel] Autofoo patch

Hi list,

(resending 'cause I failed with From address)

I've had a look at svn sources and did various enhancements to
autotools. Most of the following is probably already known but I'll
explain why I did those changes understanding of everyone. Please find
in the following patch:

 * tell autoconf to put its macros in m4 folder and inform automake
about it, note that macros that will land in this folder _need_ to be
included in the distributed tarball.
 * tell automake to be more verbose when something is wrong
 * fix Makefile.am wrt to the previous points
 * tell autoconf to store its defines in config.h which can be included
in source files later on, makes the command line to compile shorter and
fix source files to use it.
 * always AC_SUBST PKG_CHECK_MODULES set variables at global level or
you will have problems with undefined variables at some point (unless
you are defining your own macro)
 * make test suite be triggered by make check
 * change ${} by $() not sure if ${} is allowed or if the behavior is
any different than by using $(). I just know than $() is the most seen
way to use variables.

With all these changes, soylent can now pass make distcheck. This is
really important as it avoids releasing buggy or incomplete tarballs
that make downstream life harder. Thanks for using make distcheck in the
future :)

And now, enjoy the patch.

 Makefile.am                 |    7 ++++---
 data/Makefile.am            |    4 +++-
 libsoylent/Makefile.am      |    4 ++--
 libsoylent/test/Makefile.am |    8 +++++---
 src/soylent-browser.c       |    2 ++
 src/soylent.c               |    2 ++

Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles.dartiguelongue at esiee.org>