Re: [Snowy] Mockups are up

Sorry for the delay in replying, I'm a bit swamped with school work these days.

I've posted some small suggestions and ideas on the same page, hoping
they're useful:
http://live.gnome.org/Snowy/DesignerPlayground#sanderd20101009

Thanks! Your suggestions make sense, I especially like the bar at the top containing the logo, username, prefs and logout. More compact and stylish.

The sidebar seemed like a good place to list notes in, not only the
pinned ones but also the ones within the same category or search
results. This way the user wouldn't have to click 'Go back' each time
when switching notes. It seems like you've chosen to make the sidebar
more 'static', was that intentional?

Yeah, I thought that, at least in my mockup, I'd list only the pinned notes and not all recent notes, because:

- It gets crowded quickly

- I don't expect people to be editing multiple notes so fast that 2 clicks instead of 1 to switch between notes would be prohibitive (ie: clicking a "go back" button here seemed reasonable to me if it meant that we unclutter the UI a lot)

- Sometimes the meaning of those notes appearing there can be unclear; at least pinned notes are pinned, we expect them here. But other notes? The user might wonder what is the criterion for their presence. Is it because they're new? Because they were edited recently? Because they are in the same notebook? Or is it all of the above? For what it's worth, that would make me a bit nervous without an "explanation".