Re: [Snowy] Some patches

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:42 AM, Brad Taylor<brad getcoded net> wrote:
>> * "Allow POSTing notes" - This is a big change to make.  Can you
>> elaborate more on why "Apache chokes on large PUT requests"?  Changing
>> from PUT to POST violates HTTP principles, but I am fine with doing it
>> if it is really necessary.  If we do it, we should change all the
>> way...allow POST *instead of* PUT, not *in addition to* it.  We would
>> have to update our API page and others who are implementing the API.
>
> Sandy -- since Tomboy needs to use one or the other, I don't think we
> can just support both PUT and POST.  We need to pick one.

Agree, that's basically what I was trying to say above.  :-)

> Piotr -- do you have any docs on the PUT limit?  IMHO, this sounds like
> a broken behavior to me.

It may be, but if it is the default Apache behavior and is not
configurable on a per-user basis, using PUT will seriously get in the
way of all the people who want to set up their own instance in shared
hosting environments.  Most of the people inquiring about setting up
Snowy in #tomboy and #snowy have been in that situation.  But yeah,
seeing docs on this would be great to make sure we really understand
it.

Sandy