Re: [Snowy] Some patches

Hey,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

> * "Don't assume we own the root" - This one's for Brad to review

I'm fine with this so long as it doesn't break anything.  I'll test this
out this weekend and next week and commit it if it looks fine.

> * "Now it works with MySQL too" - Also for Brad

Check out an earlier discussion about MySQL issues:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/snowy-list/2009-May/msg00002.html

I'm hoping to get some resolution on this issue when I start my vacation
this weekend.

> * "Allow POSTing notes" - This is a big change to make.  Can you
> elaborate more on why "Apache chokes on large PUT requests"?  Changing
> from PUT to POST violates HTTP principles, but I am fine with doing it
> if it is really necessary.  If we do it, we should change all the
> way...allow POST *instead of* PUT, not *in addition to* it.  We would
> have to update our API page and others who are implementing the API.

Sandy -- since Tomboy needs to use one or the other, I don't think we
can just support both PUT and POST.  We need to pick one.

Piotr -- do you have any docs on the PUT limit?  IMHO, this sounds like
a broken behavior to me.

Thanks for your contribution!

Best,

-Brad