Re: [Snowy] Some patches

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Piotr Gaczkowski<doomhammerng gmail com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I tried to run Snowy with mod_python and ran into some issues. I
> hereby attach the patches I made to make it work for me. Also I'll try
> to document my efforts with .htaccess and configuring mod_python to
> work with Snowy tomorrow.
>
> Note that those patched do not solve all the problems -- only those I
> was able to solve/I actually ran into. Hope that some of you would
> test them and fix the remaining (if any) bugs.

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for the patches!  A quick first impression:

* "Don't assume we own the root" - This one's for Brad to review
* "Now it works with MySQL too" - Also for Brad

* "Allow POSTing notes" - This is a big change to make.  Can you
elaborate more on why "Apache chokes on large PUT requests"?  Changing
from PUT to POST violates HTTP principles, but I am fine with doing it
if it is really necessary.  If we do it, we should change all the
way...allow POST *instead of* PUT, not *in addition to* it.  We would
have to update our API page and others who are implementing the API.

* "Make it work with Snowy in subdirectory and with Apache" - The
subdirectory stuff might have to change after we finish working on the
API changes described in the root resource here:
http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/Synchronization/REST

Thanks for your work, hope we can get this all integrated ASAP,
Sandy