Re: [Snowy] Crash when doing PUT

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Cornelius Hald<hald icandy de> wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 12:53 -0700, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
>> We need to update our instructions.  What Snowy requires is Django
>> 1.1, which has finally been released.  You no longer need latest SVN
>> (though your distro might not have 1.1 packaged yet).
>
> I removed the SVN version from my system and made a fresh Django 1.1
> install but still the same behavior.
>
>> I think you should verify that things are working as expected by
>> running latest Tomboy and Snowy from git, and performing a few
>> successful syncs.
>
> Good, installed Ubuntu Karmic-Alpha which comes with Tomboy 0.15.4.

Okay, that should work.

> What do I have to enter into the "Server" field in the settings? I tried
> several URLs but I cannot figure out which one is expected?! Using a web
> browser I can access Snowy using the following URL:
> http://10.11.1.183:8000

Then that is the URL you want.  According to the Snowy INSTALL
instructions, you need to make sure that you add an entry to the Sites
table with Domain name of 10.11.1.183:8000.

How are you starting Snowy?  You may need to start it with:

python manage.py runserver 10.11.1.183:8000

But I'm not totally sure.

> So it's either NOT FOUND or UNAUTHORIZED :(

Did you add Tomboy's consumer key/secret pair?  Remember, Tomboy needs
abcdefg/1234567 as the key/secret pair in order to work right now.  So
if you only have the "root" key set up (the one you were using
earlier) it will not work.

Sandy