Re: [Shotwell] How to delete a photo from the shotwell databse

Do you plan to remove the list of tags, and have one entry per tag?

Yes, something like that. Make proper normalized tables etc.

The problem for my app was given a photo id, find all the tag table
entries with this "thumb id" and then remove the thumb and write the
data back, rather than just finding all the records with the thumb and
deleting them.

I realize that not many people are going to want to process the data
outside of Shotwell, but having a good description of the various
tables and their relationships would be useful.

There is a little bit of information available here:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Shotwell/Architecture/Database

Many years ago I wrote a program to catalog photos (this was before I
heard about Shotwell. It used a database system with full-text search
abilities.
When I switched to Shotwell, I rewrote the program in Python, and
added a virtual table to the Shotwell database to make Boolean
searching easy. This I can use all the of the SQLITE3 full-text search
capabilities to find photos.

Would you care to explain a bit deeper what you are doing there?