[Shotwell] Change suggestion: Remove extended info window

Hi,

So as I indicated in another thread, I wanted to suggest some changes, and here's the first one ;-)

I feel that the extended information window is a bit... hm... annoying and I would like to have some more control of the regular info window. So my proposal is to

1. Add a little context menu (accessed by e.g. an arrow button) where you can select and de-select which information you would like to see in the info pane.

  2. Move all information from the extended window to this new layout.

  3. Remove the current extended info window.

The regular info window will of course have to resize itself based on content.

One argument to keep the current extended info window is that it is quick to enable / disable (ctrl-shift-x). A remedy for that could be to have a shortcut to show the config menu (ctrl-shift-x ? :-p ) and then shortcuts for toggling different fields. Hence toggling Comments would be Ctrl-Shift-x, c.

I have tried to make a small sketch of it, attached to this mail. Does this sound good?

If yes, then I think I will try working on that.

~Jørn