Re: [Shotwell] Improvement suggestions

Dear Adam:

I have moved from Picasa to Shotwell on my Linux Mint 17.3 box.  Although I still somewhat prefer Picasa, it is not compatible with Mint 18.1 (alas!).

Now that I am somewhat experienced with Shotwell, I would like to make the following positive suggestions regarding the picture editing function:

--    It should be possible to shrink the size of pictures below their original sizes.  As you know, one can increase the size of pictures, but not go in the other direction.

--    Changing the size of pictures should be permanent.  Maybe I am doing something wrong (very possible!), but pictures revert to their original sizes when saved.  I mostly play with paintings, photos, and drawings on Pinterest.

--    The picture tuning function needs to be simpler for less sophisticated users such as myself.  Separate controls for sharpness, brightness, color temperature, and contrast would be nice (Picasa) has these.

Best Regards, Scott Ochiltree.