Re: [Shotwell] Relocating files

Yes, they are in the library, and have tags and other metadata that I really don't want to lose.

The non-working advice is available in various places, eg:
   https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Shotwell/FAQ
as well as various forum postings.

Boris

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 1:15 AM, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:

>   - move one of the directories away.  Files will now show up as
> "Missing" in Shotwell.
>   - Make sure setting "Watch Library Directory.." is on
>   - copy the files into the library directory, and Shotwell should
> recognize them, so that they will no longer show up as missing.
>
> I've tried many variations on this (restarting Shotwell, updating
> timestamps on files, etc), but Shotwell stubbornly refuses to
> recognize any of the files that have been moved into the main
> directory, they continue to show as missing unless I move them back
> into their old locations in "Photos".

Yes, the "tip" above doesn't sound like anything that should work.

So you have "Photos" already in your shotwell library?