[Shotwell] Relocating files

I'm attempting to get my photo files organized.  For no good reason I have some of my photos in ~/Pictures, and others in ~/Photos; I want to consolidate all into the standard "Pictures" directory.

What appears to be the canonical advice for dealing with situations like this is:

  - move one of the directories away.  Files will now show up as "Missing" in Shotwell.
  - Make sure setting "Watch Library Directory.." is on
  - copy the files into the library directory, and Shotwell should recognize them, so that they will no longer show up as missing.

I've tried many variations on this (restarting Shotwell, updating timestamps on files, etc), but Shotwell stubbornly refuses to recognize any of the files that have been moved into the main directory, they continue to show as missing unless I move them back into their old locations in "Photos".

Version: shotwell 0.24.6 on Fedora 25 Linux.

Thanks for any help!

Boris