Re: [Shotwell] Relocating files

  - move one of the directories away.  Files will now show up as
"Missing" in Shotwell.
  - Make sure setting "Watch Library Directory.." is on
  - copy the files into the library directory, and Shotwell should
recognize them, so that they will no longer show up as missing.

I've tried many variations on this (restarting Shotwell, updating
timestamps on files, etc), but Shotwell stubbornly refuses to
recognize any of the files that have been moved into the main
directory, they continue to show as missing unless I move them back
into their old locations in "Photos".

Yes, the "tip" above doesn't sound like anything that should work.

So you have "Photos" already in your shotwell library?