Re: [Shotwell] New Map Feature: Hide map

Hey Max

On Son, 2016-07-24 at 21:48 +0900, Max wrote:
[...]

Makefile.am:50: error: Libtool library used but 'LIBTOOL' is
undefined
Makefile.am:50:   The usual way to define 'LIBTOOL' is to add
'LT_INIT'
Makefile.am:50:   to 'configure.ac' and run 'aclocal' and 'autoconf'
again.
Makefile.am:50:   If 'LT_INIT' is in 'configure.ac', make sure
Makefile.am:50:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=error%3A+Libtool+library+used+but+%27LIBTOOL%27+is
+undefined
looks like libtool is missing. sudo apt-get install libtool

Not to be rude, but I don't think the point of this mailing list is
individual compilation support. There's tons of documentation on
building packages on linux in general, so don't be shy to at least
google the error message first. If it's really shotwell specific, then
yes, this is absolutely the place for.
I certainly don't want to discourage people from helping to test and I
don't want to intimidate anyone to ask for help if a build doesn't work
right away - we all had to learn it - but I do want to encourage a
sustainable helping culture.

In general to set up a debian/ubuntu machine to build you'll need:
sudo apt-get install build-essentials

and if a package already exists that you want to recompile, chances are
high that you'll get all or most dependencies from the version in the
repository. Apt has a built in command to install build dependencies:

sudo apt-get build-dep shotwell

I'm saying most because for shotwell, the map feature is not built in
the packaged version so that's a new dependency (libchamplain-dev
needed).

Good luck!
andreas