Re: seahorse problem

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Christopher Bronner
<bronner zedat fu-berlin de> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> I have a little problem with seahorse and can't find a solution on the
> web or in the program's help... Maybe you can help me.
>
> After a backup and new installation of the whole ubuntu system, I
> imported my private key and it is now displayed under "my own keys" (or
> something similar, I have only the german version...). Though I can
> decrypt my formally encrypted files, I can't encrypt anything anymore.
> In the table of "my own keys" the 'trust' for my key is "unknown" and
> when I want to change it in the properties, the box next to "trust" is
> shaded grey and empty. Why can't I (or how can I) change my own level of
> trust there?
>
> I would be very happy if you had an answer to my problem!

This is a bug.  The logic for setting that combo was incorrect.  It is
fixed in git master.

If you can't compile from source, the work around is to run gpg
--edit-key <key id> at the command line.  Use the trust command and
set it to ultimate.

Please send emails to the list in the future.

Cheers,

Adam