unable to import SSH private key

Since switching to Ubuntu 8.04, there appears to be a new in-memory
SSH key managaer: Seahorse. And it has an elegant, useful GUI. Yay!
Seahorse seems like an intuitive and well-integrated way to manage
desktop keys and encryption.

I'm able to generate new SSH keys via Seahorse and use them without
issues, but I'm unable to get Seahorse to recognize an existing SSH
key. I tried "Key -> Import...", but when I provide the path to my
private SSH key (RSA), I get:

 Couldn't import keys
 file://tmp/id_rsa: Invalid file format

The key file looks something like this: