Question about Seahorse and GnuPG

To follow-up on Jeff's question about Seahorse and GnuPG. I am glad to hear Adam point out that GnuPG and GPGME are no longer hard dependencies
in Seahorse SVN head.

We notice that GnuPG which is GPLv3.  The latest version of GnuPG
depends on libksba which is also GPLv3.  Currently, Sun does not
allow the integration of GPLv3 interfaces, so this is obviously a
problem for us to integrate Seahorse.  Is Solaris the only distro that
has this issue?  If not, how are other distros dealing with this?

I am interested to hear what the Seahorse community recommends we do
considering our situation.  I can imagine a few options:

- Integrate Seahorse without GnuPG/GPGME support.  What features of
  Seahorse do not work if you build Seahorse in this way?  Is there
  any documentation which explains this?

- Consider integrating Seahorse with an older version of GnuPG
  which is under the older GPLv2 license.  This might make Seahorse
  more functional, but this approach would get complicated if we
  find we need to fix bugs or add features in the future to support
  Seahorse or other programs.  We'd basically have to support a
  forked version of GnuPG.

- Perhaps Sun should use the latest gnome-keyring module, but the
  older gnome-keyring-manager module.  Are there any advantages to
  going this direction?  Would it even be possible?

Thanks.  At Sun, we are very interested in integrating Seahorse, but
its turning out to be a bit complicated since we wish to avoid GPLv3
interfaces.

Brian