Re: Add a Password to Keyring over Dbus

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:02 AM, jhomuth <johannes homuth sourcepark de> wrote:
> at first thank you for reading this post. I've like to use the gnome keyring
> manager to save passwords from my own written java application. Is that
> possible?

There is currently no interfacing between seahorse's DBus interface
and anything stored in gnome-keyring.

> But I think there is no method to add some passwords to the keyring.

That is correct.

> This
> Interface is the Interface from the "org.gnome.seahorse" service. Is it the
> right way to do that or have I go another way. I've read that there are
> libraries for develop with gnome-keyring but how can I use them under java?

The appropriate library is libgnome-keyring.  There are no java
bindings for it as far as I know, but maybe they're in the gnome java
bindings.  Otherwise, you'd call it however you would normally call C
libraries from java.

Cheers,

Adam