Re: Splitting seahorse into seahorse/seahorse-plugins

William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 18:28 -0500, Adam Schreiber wrote:
>> I'm not entirely sure what this gets us, but maybe it could be the
>> impetus for breaking out a more public facing section of interfaces
>> from libseahorse that could be used in cases where gpgme is complex
>> and the DBus interface is too simplistic.
>
> Just to chime in, for us on Gentoo, and for many others soon, gpgme is a
> pita. For reasons I don't really want to go into there, to many bugs,
> different posts to our -dev ml, etc. It's a mess. Some what summed up
> here[1]. Anything to avoid use of gpgme seems best at this time.

GPGME does certainly have problems. Many of its problems are with using
GPG2.

However by dropping GPGME we'll inherit those same problems. If there's
a developer here who wants to take this on, I'd support you in your
effort and we'd use your code in seahorse (eventually once stable).

But sadly, I personally don't have time to get into building another GPG
interface just now.

Cheers,
Stef Walter