Re: [Seahorse] - Help on changing behavior

On 8/22/07, Davidson Rodrigues Paulo <davidsonpaulo gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Davidson Paulo, I'm a Fedora Ambassador in Brazil and I
> searching for a way to modify the behavior of the "Sign" action on
> Nautilus provided by Seahorse.
>
> Actually, when a file is signed using this Nautilus extension I have
> the same result of running "gpg -b --sign" on the file. I want to
> generate a file the same way as in "gpg -a --sign" using the "Sign"
> extension on Nautilus, what would be very useful for Fedora Project.
> Do you know what changes I need to do in Searhorse's source code to
> get this?
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Regards,
>
> Davidson Paulo

I can't guarantee this will work, but you might try changing line 309
in plugins/nautilus/seahorse-tool.c to read

    gerr = gpgme_op_sign_start (pop->gctx, uridata, cipher,
GPGME_SIG_MODE_NORMAL);

The only remaining option after that is to try GPGME_SIG_MODE_CLEAR instead.

Cheers,

Adam