Re: Problems with chaining agent into session

Le dimanche 25 mars 2007 à 09:27 -0400, Adam Schreiber a écrit :
> Giles,
>
> Because we're concerned with properly integrating with ssh-agent,
> could you please include that in your documentation?

The hiccups I've seen trying to tie seahorse-agent and keychain
(http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/keychain/) are that in the beginning I
overwrote GPG_AGENT_INFO because I was sourcing some keychain generated
files.

Once I fixed that, I saw that keychain doesn't like the SSH_AGENT_PID
set by seahorse-agent, unsetting it made it use SSH_AUTH_SOCK and it now
works. I also tried setting the pid to the real one of the ssh-agent and
it works as well.

One problem I've seen with seahorse-agent handling ssh keys is that you
need to enter all passwords when seahorse loads the keys (although it
occurs only once since passwords are stored in the keyring). The window
is a bit large and you don't see how much keys you have to enter. You
also have to enter the same password multiple times if you use it for
multiple keys while ssh-add doesn't seem require this.

On the same topic, having a little program using seahorse to set as
SSH_ASKPASS would be great to complement the "ask all passwords,
oneshot" thingy so that you can add ssh keys later.

Finally after seeing the passphrase prompt for gpg keys and ssh keys, I
found that there is a problem, those dialogs are not centered (be it on
the application or on the while desktop). This is not sexy :)

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug esiee fr>