Re: Problems with chaining agent into session

Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
> One problem I've seen with seahorse-agent handling ssh keys is that you
> need to enter all passwords when seahorse loads the keys (although it
> occurs only once since passwords are stored in the keyring). The window
> is a bit large and you don't see how much keys you have to enter. You
> also have to enter the same password multiple times if you use it for
> multiple keys while ssh-add doesn't seem require this.

Yes, the SSH agent in seahorse is a big hack (I'm guilty). I'm currently
(actually just working on that now) implementing a proper SSH agent in
gnome-keyring as part of the PKCS#11 key/certificate store work.

> On the same topic, having a little program using seahorse to set as
> SSH_ASKPASS would be great to complement the "ask all passwords,
> oneshot" thingy so that you can add ssh keys later.

True, good point, but needs more thought. Mostly because ssh doesn't
send along much (if any) information to when it calls via SSH_ASKPASS.
So this doesn't allow the dialog to do any password saving or such.

> Finally after seeing the passphrase prompt for gpg keys and ssh keys, I
> found that there is a problem, those dialogs are not centered (be it on
> the application or on the while desktop). This is not sexy :)

Could you file a ticket?

Cheers,
Stef Walter