Re: `position' in rep...?

Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano tuxfamily org> writes:

> You would need it for every GtkComboBox in SawfishConfig, to set the
> initial value, to what the user previously selected (or to what the
> default value is).

Ah, ok.  Then yeah, I think you are supposed to loop through. ;)  I'm
not sure that rep really needs a position function -- in most cases it's
just going to encourage non-lispy lisp programming, I think.  In those
situations where you need one just include something like this:

(define (position item l)
  (let loop ((rest l)
             (i 0))
       (if (equal item (car rest))
         (loop (cdr rest) (1+ i)))))

Perhaps equal should be eq, depending on how you're using it...?

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>