`position' in rep...?

Hi all,

just a small question, whether I'm blind, or whether rep really doesn't ship a function like `position'.

so `nth' gives the the value of the nth element:

(setq mylist '("Crux" "StyleTab" "get-S-tabbed"))
(nth 1 mylist)

=> StyleTab

but now for the opposite? other lisps do ship `position':

(position "Crux" mylist)

=> 0

Now it seems to me that REP does not ship a position function? Atleast I couldn't find one in the docs neither via `git grep'. I think that's essential, so I'm sure it's somewhere. Or... did John expect everyone to loop through lists?