Re: `position' in rep...?

Am 04.06.2011 09:26, schrieb Teika Kazura:
On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 22:24:27 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
Including [position] in sawfish.gtk.widgets should be enough.
Please put it in librep.>>
OK. There's now rep.util.misc which atm contains string->symbol and
position
It's not pushed yet, (only the changelog) but before you do, let me
comment a bit.

string->symbol: `intern' may be what you want.

I know and at first I thought as you, that it's unnecessary, but I thought about the wording, in some cases, eg: in SawfishConfig -just as I did recently- string->symbol is way more intuitive compared to intern. (of course it's the same, but then you read `intern' you think about some internal symbol, not a conversion). So I thought that 1 line extra-code won't
hurt that much :)

position: If it's only what you want, (= if string->symbol turns out
  to be unnecessary) than you can put it in rep/data.jl. Then all you
  have to import is 'rep'. In another words, you don't have to import
  any extra module, since it's always loaded. Don't forget to add
  it to 'export-bindings'.

There's already one more I found which is spread several times of Sawfish 3 or 4: beautify-symbol-name, (if I'm right beautfiy-keymap-name is just a minor variation of it) and I think it should be in REP.

Teika (Teika kazura)