Re: [sawfish] Re: sawfish-pager broken?

15 minutes ago, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> On Sunday 30 January 2011 20:38:15 Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > Yesterday, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:

> > > The advertised link shows the browsable version -- clone:
> > >
> > > git clone git://git.tuxfamily.org/gitroot/sawfishpager/pager.git
> >
> > It would be helpful to put this link up at
> >
> >   http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Download#GIT
>
> ... I thought it was ... but no, I'll add it now.
>
> > with the other examples.  (Especially if tuxfamily is disorganized
> > enough to have no direct way to tell the above link -- I tried the
> > obvious of replacing `http' with `git', then I tried looking for git
> > links at http://tuxfamily.org/sawfishpager/ then
> > http://tuxfamily.org/.)
>
> Tuxfamily stores all info at the Wiki.
> http://faq.tuxfamily.org/Welcome/En But you're right I'll request
> that their GIT-Browser does display a clonable link.

Well, it would be better if they'd make better URLs work...  For
example, in our project I made it so:

  http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/

is the gitweb url, and

  git://git.racket-lang.org/plt.git
  http://git.racket-lang.org/plt.git

are the git urls (so git://git.racket-lang.org/plt.git works too).
But that's probably too late for them to do such changes.

> > * And only then I went to the sawfish page and looked for git
> >   links.
>
> I'm sorry... when we moved to TF where will be an organized infopage
> which displays all links at once.

(Yeah, part of this is the "lack of focus" wrt google searches.  So
once there is some decision on some page, it would help if the others
redirect to it.)