Re: ** to GIT source users ** Some incompatibility in "StyleTab"

On Tuesday 15 February 2011 06:21:58 Teika Kazura wrote:
> Thanks fuchur & Chris for fast fixes. (Wow!)
>
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:45:49 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> >> you may have to delete "StyleTab" related lines in ~/.sawfish/custom
> >> in near future.[...]
> >> I'm not sure, but in my case, it seemed to be necessary. Sorry for
> >> inconvenience.
> >
> > It is. Sawfish won't start else.
>
> Maybe was I rash by pushing it too soon? What's bad is that I don't
> understand why it fixes.

Actually it wasn't too soon, if earlier tests did work. Also StyleTab was
never shipped with an official release, thus only a handful of contributors and
developers and a minority of users might be affected. (For that they would have
to use StyleTab and to configure it). You didn't hurt many.

> # It's related to the "define-command" edit. I was preparing a branch
> # to push, merging the origin/master. My edit used to work before merge,
> # but it didn't then. But the change looked independent from upstream
> # ones! I didn't know what to do, and tried editing ~/.sawfish/custom,
> # then it seemed to fix. Now Chris said it was necessary for him,
> # too. Strange...
>
> It may be better to ask rc-2 to assure the stability in this point.
> (Is the problem really limited to ~/.sawfish/custom entries?) My todo
> list for 1.8 will still cost me at least 3 weaks. Probably more.

I was also about to ask whether to release RC2.

@Fuchur: how long do you think you'll need to fix the regression in Tabs-NG
regarding 3+ tabs and non-click focus-modes? If you don't think it will come
soon, I'll release RC2 earlier, else later with your fix.

Chris