Re: [ANNOUNCE] librep 0.91.0

>> Can we get this right soon, or am I doomed to keep my own private
>> debian packages forever?

Christopher> see git commit 285be02d989aa4f6b7038a9420d505ec08e36d99,
Christopher> bumped soname from 9.5.0 to 9.6.0. You still need to
Christopher> rebuild, as it's an ABI not an API change. (besides we're
Christopher> already at 0.91.1)

Sorry, No Good.

The _major_ version (the 9) has to change for a backwards incompatible
ABI change. That's what the settings I gave in my post would do.

(The middle version increases for ABI "widenings" when you
add new functions and variables but leave existing ones untouched.
Please see the libtool info manual for more details.)

Then we also have to change the name of the debian package to something
like librep16, where 16 is the new major version.

I am already part way through sorting out the mess, I can let you pull
my git tree when I'm done.  Or do you want to give me commit access on
tuxfamily?  I do it all on a branch, of course.

--
Ian Zimmerman <itz buug org>
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD