Re: Moving maximized windows between screens.

Campbell Barton <ideasman42 gmail com> writes:

> Hi, I've been using sawfish for the past week and done and its been
> very nice, however there is once annoyance with most WM's I've tried
> before which is that its not easy to move a maximized window from one
> screen to another with a 2 screen (Xinerama) setup.

Try http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Drag-to-head

There is still an issue when the two heads have different reserved
areas (e.g. panel on left screen, no panel on right one).  To fix this,
there are probably some changes to sawfish.wm.state.maximize required
to parametrize head and to export the geometries.  Modification of
move-resize-directions is not clean either.

Enrico