Re: Themes for 3.0

Hi,

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:53:43 +0900 (JST)
wrote Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com>:

>>> Simply do `setq' in theme.jl.
>>
>> I have try it some times but it doesn't  work here.
>
>Ah - ah - I see. That's the gaol. (Sigh.)
>
>Sawfish / librep gaol is a specially crafted module, inside of which
>access to bindings are restricted, and even special variables are not
>readable inside of a gaol, unless allowed. Gaol is exclusively used
>for themes. (John Harper may have introduced it for general purpose
>since he created librep not only for Sawfish, but it's gone into
>oblivion.)
>
>A cure for our current purpose is:
>1. Define a new func `set-tab-adjustments' in tab.jl, and export it.
>2. In tab.jl, open wm.gaol, and add (gaol-add 'set-tab-adjustments).
>3. Call it from your theme.jl.

Tab.jl need by "(define (tab-pos group tabnum win) ..." a value from
a/the theme file. I don't understand how can help gaol-add, but i am
not a programmer. Can you explain (example please)?

I guess it will only work if we put "get-tab-pos tab-pos
tab-title-text-width tab-left-edge ..." in the theme file, correct
me if i wrong.

I can't test it now, my motherboard is broken (memory-bank), i got a
new board next week ...

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0