Re: Themes for 3.0

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 16:36:57 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> I just thought about what themes we should ship with the next major version.

What concerns me is a quite different aspect. I think it's good if
they're more "modular", though only vaguely; I've never touched theme
codes. Anyway it will allow more flexible operation.

In my opinion all we need is (external-structure-ref 'module.foo
'binding.bar). A good alias will make it look concise. (If e-s-r is
compared to `set', structure-ref is `setq' and less useful for dynamic
use.) The module doc of librep is recently improved, so have a look
if you're interested.

Or something like class - virtual / interface may suffice. (I mean
"methods" common to all themes.)

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 08:30:37 +0200, fuchur wrote:
>> Would be nice if the tab-options dec-with and margin would be set by themes,
>>instead of users having to change them for each theme.
>
> The problem is i don't know how to set "require" or "open" for
> theme.jl in tab.jl, to get the values from theme.jl something like:
> "(require 'the.current.themes.file)"

It's not necessary. Simply do `setq' in theme.jl.
And tab.jl has to change them from defcustom to defvar, or maybe it's
better to provide a new `tab-pixel-adjust' function, so that these
values are hidden from the tab.jl.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)
---------
Continent Chinese people deserve a better government. At least it
shouldn't inflict the people, and the law, not whimsy of the guys in
power, should rule.

Not limited to Chinese, though.