Re: To sawfish from metacity?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:12:08 -0500 (CDT), Dale Huckeby wrote:
> when I click on <Windows> in the <Preferences> menu I get this:
>
> Cannot start the preferences application for your window manager
>
> Window manager "Sawfish" has not registered a configuration tool

I don't know Gnome, but you can run the configurator by middle-clicking
the root window = background. Or, you can run from the command line
"sawfish-config" or "sawfish-ui". (Recently we changed the name from
the latter to the former.)

> And when I change window borders it works only for the window whose
> title bar I've just right-clocked on, and reverts to the previous
> window border if I close and then re-open that app.

Use the configurator I mentioned above. It can change *all*
frames. (It may be better to restart Sawfish after you change the
frame.) What you said opens the menu for *operations on that window*,
like maximization, toggling stickiness, etc.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)