Re: Is Sawfish lightweighted?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com> wrote:

> I tried Openbox the other day, and even though I expected so, I was a
> bit shocked that it started very fast. Memory usage doesn't seem to
> vary much; 9M by sawfish vs 8M by openbox, comparing "RES" field in
> htop.

For me it's 8MB resident + another 10 for rep.  Together they are 37MB
including non-resident.

This can be compared to 29MB resident, 100MB total for Xorg.  Given
that one actually wants to run applications like Firefox we start
talking 100s MB resident.

So, I think sawfish has a lot of room before it starts to become a
significant memory user in a real world system.

Thanks for making and maintaining the best WM!

-Brett.