Re: Renaming 'grow, pack, shrink & yank'?

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 02:22:43 +0200, Timo Korvola wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 January 2010 09:04:52 Teika Kazura wrote:
>> I understand what you mean, but the word "tiling window manager"
>> seems accepted, and it's not restricted to the identical pieces.
>
> Be that as it may, the evm-tile-windows-* functions discussed in
> another recent thread do resize windows to identical shape.

Yeah, there're various examples for them. But it doesn't seem
essential for me.  If some WM "tiles" several windows,
i.e. automatically, then the only starting point seems to make them
identical in shape. But for users, there's no reason to be so.

For me, one feature of tiling WM seems to be not to leave the
background. Gpsy exactly offers that.

Tiling fans may be glad to have commands which simultaneously moves
adjacent borders, i.e. "resizing which respects packed state" to gpsy
keymap.

Teika (Teika kazura)