Re: how to use simple-dialog in widget-dialog.jl

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:39:39 +0100, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
> Oh, this seems too complicated. If I need a bash script and some more
> magic, I'd rather use zenity. It's very simple to create dialogs from
> zenity from a bash script and this would work very well, but would
> introduce zenity dependence into my sawfish kit. So, if possible, I'd
> like to use a lisp solution from sawfish only.

Sawfish can do it (more precisely, librep + rep-gtk), but currently
none has done it. Practically it's not a bad idea at all to use other
programs. If I remember correctly gxmessage is a dialox box and can
exectute program at button press, too.

I use similar one, hand-written by me. When I try to exit Sawfish, but
some windows are open, then it asks confirmation, excluding
sawfish-pager and so on.

I'll send later on how to control Sawfish from shell.

>> If you know the basics of gtk, then it's not so difficult to creat a
>> dialog box. Have a look at examples/ in rep-gtk. (Bah, gtk-dialog.jl
>> breaks your Sawfish session.
>
> What do you mean by 'breaks your sawfish session'?

Literally. If you execute the script, not immediately, but seemingly
when you do a window operation, Sawfish crashes.