Re: head and window

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 10:31:02 -0600, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> What's wrong with the way that current-head does it -- i.e., the head a
> window occupies is the head the center of the window occupies.  I'm
> pretty sure that any "better" solution would in fact be worse, because
> it'd be more complicated.  This way you'll get the best possible answer
> 99.9% of the time anyway.

Right.

> Putting in the new window-head function would be really easy, and I
> don't feel right saying "don't use this to find the head of a window" in
> the docs for current-head without providing a way to find the head of a
> window.

Recently I come to know that with RandR which I'm going to work on
(after keyboard group issue), it seems heads can share regions, not
mutually exclusive. (For example, Daniel M German have the external
display have the same origin as the first screen. I don't know
Xinerama.)  Then you can't affirm to which head it belongs. That's
why I think only correct doc suffices for now.

If info sounds too much, how about noting it down in the source?

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)