Re: The get rid of gnome.org/sf.net thing (chapter 3)

Am Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:17:22 +0100
schrieb Daniel Fetchinson <fetchinson googlemail com>:

> >> I think this is a great idea, having all services centralized to
> >> one site. Having a one-stop-shop for all things sawfish would make
> >> everyone's life much easier, so I would also support moving the
> >> wikia website to the new location since I don't see any particular
> >> advantage with wikia over tuxfamily.
> >
> > Currently, only two work regularly in Wiki; I'm the most active,
> > and Chris. Now, only two are on a regular basis in writing codes;
> > Chris and I. ;)
> >
> > I know Wiki is poor and needs more work. In such situation, I don't
> > see any reason that the transition is more important then writing
> > more contents.
> >
> > Anyway, we can't afford it. That's why Chris referred to it as 'in
> > theory'.
>
> I fully agree. I only mentioned that perhaps moving the wiki is a good
> idea because I got the feeling from Chris' email that he wants to
> centralize things to tuxfamily. This in itself would be a good idea I
> think, but I agree with you that writing documentation is much more
> important.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Well atleast the Downloads will move to Tuxfamily (for all three), as
SF is forced by US-American laws (!You know those United States which
want democracy and freedom all over the world!) to deny access from
several "evil" countries. Well they are denying the access to normal
non-evil people. Tuxfamily is in France so we're not affected here.

--- Don't read if in bad mood ---

[SPOILER]
Plus there are also evil people in Germany and such. I guess Germany is
the next country on the "Evil-List"..., if you wonder why:

in Germany children are forced by law to go to school, there's no way
around (say your religion forbids that or such - doesn't count). An
ultra-conservative family from Germany went to the USA because they
didn't want their children to go to school. And guess what?

a) they got political asylym (!) (I mean Germany is a more democratic
and social country than the USA will ever be)

b) the US-americans there shocked that we in Germany want everyone to
get knowledge, the ability to read and write and trainees and stuff.

For this you must know that in Germany it's almost (98% of all cases)
to get a trainee or job without having been to school.

The american dream of "first washing dishes, then earn millions" is
technically impossible here. Except the other way round.

Or perhaps Japan? They almost look like Chineese or Korean people.
That's scary! At the end they don't speak english!
[/SPOILER]