Re: Problem with sawfish and GNOME global menus

Hi, Harald, pleased to hear from you. Let me help a bit by adding what
I know now.

X man: see man XGrabKeyboard and sec 10.7.2 of Xlib manual.

Now, what exactly happens in focus_in()? It updates window frames, and
call focus-in-hook. In focus-in-hook, two things are done:

1. _NET_ACTIVATE_WINDOW is set, in `update-focus-state' in
state/wm-spec.jl. I lose track here, since I don't know ewmh.

2. (This can be ignored now.) In focus.jl, focus-pop-map is
called. Careless change may cause a problem in click-through.

That's all.

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 01:26:49 +0200, Timo Korvola wrote:
> your patch [...] may run into trouble if ungrabbing causes focus to
> revert to a different window from the one focused before the
> grab. This can happen if the window that was focused before the grab
> is deleted during the grab.

Hi, Timo. Do you mean lack of consistent / predictable focus behavior
by "trouble"? If so, I don't think there exists any strict policy,
so it's not much serious. Though it's true that it may be possible to
add something "nice", but I think it'll be a new feature, rather than
improvement of the patch. (Yep, lost focus is always awkward.)

Best regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)