Re: Problem with sawfish and GNOME global menus

On Monday 20 December 2010 19:19:13 Harald van Dijk wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer. I see references to args (which would be
> 'grab) in enter-exit, enter-only, and enter-click, but not in click.

Also, it is actually grab-induced EnterNotify events that are being
ignored in the enter-* modes, preventing those events from changing the
focus, whereas you were talking about FocusIn events, which indicate
that focus has already changed. Sorry about the confusion.

I think your patch (ignoring grabs in focus_in) may run into trouble if
ungrabbing causes focus to revert to a different window from the one
focused before the grab. This can happen if the window that was focused
before the grab is deleted during the grab. The reason that grabs are
ignored in focus_out is that some toolkits, at least Qt 3, grab the
keyboard to popup menus and we do not want that to show in the window
decorations [commit c19ff9b4aa1d].

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>