Re: error--> (file-error "No such file or directory" "rep/data/tables")

On date Saturday 2010-12-04 20:26:27 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek opened this window:
> Am Samstag 04 Dezember 2010, 11:56:56 schrieb Stefano Sabatini:
[...]
> > BTW I wonder why do we have so many different repos (sawfish,
> > sawfish-pager, librep, librep-gtk), I suggest to have just a single repo
> > containing all of them, this should also help to fix incompatibilities
> > conflicts and greatly ease installation from source.
> >
> > That's exactly the scheme that we're following in FFmpeg, one repo
> > containing all the applications (ffmpeg, ffplay, etc.), and all the
> > libraries (libavutil, libavcore, libavcodec, etc.).
>
> I don't like that idea, especially then it's about branches from sub-modules,
> I believe the current workflow is much better (and more common).

No this has a major flaw, sub-modules are not kept in sync, when you
update the API/ABI users have to update the depending sub-modules or
they'll screw-up in subtle non-obvious ways (e.g.: mysterious
crashes).

Anyway I suppose at least these merges would greatly help:
sawfish-pager => sawfish
librep-gtk    => librep

Now I don't know how unflexible is auto #!* and if it allows to do
that (which might explain why the split layout is so common)...

[...]

Regards.